Welcome to Manchester Confidential
Reset Password
The Confidential websites will be undergoing routine updates. This may cause the sites to go offline. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience.

You are here: Manchester ConfidentialNews.

MCR Police Reports: 11-17 January

Mother and son shot, tram kills man and body found in canal

Written by . Published on January 13th 2014.


MCR Police Reports: 11-17 January
 

Friday 17 January: Man charged with murder after punching woman at Shudehill

Ryan Ingham, 26, of Southdown Crescent, Blackley has been charged and appeared before Manchester magistrates on the morning of Friday 17 January 2014.

At 1.10am on Thursday 16 January, police were called following reports a woman had been punched at Shudehill in the city centre.

Officers discovered that a 30-year-old woman had suffered serious head injuries.

She was taken to hospital but sadly died from her injuries.

Police now suspect that this was a domestic incident.

Thursday 16 January: Police release most optimistic appeal ever

Police are asking for an iPad stolen from a 14-year-old girl to be returned. 

At the beginning of November 2013, the girl was sat at Wigan bus station using her friend's iPad Mini when someone walked past her and snatched it before running off.'

The iPad has ‘Happy Christmas moo' on the back.

In fact, if anyone that has ever nicked anything in the Greater Manchester area could just return it to where they nicked it from, that would be great. Cheers.

Anyone with information should phone police on 0161 856 7259 or the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.

Tuesday 14 January: Four teenagers arrested following assault on disabled man

Four teenagers, two aged fifteen and two sixteen, have been arrested following a widespread public appeal by police to catch the attackers of a 66-year-old disabled man in Stockport.

Story here. Tuesday 14 January: Police still hunting flare shooter

Police continue to appeal for information after a flare was fired at a police helicopter just after midnight on Saturday 4 January at the Barton Moss anti-fracking protest camp in Salford.

Chief Superintendent Mark Roberts said, "This incident last weekend was absolutely ridiculous and could have ultimately have cost lives. Initially a number of people at the camp absolutely refuted that any protesters were involved yet we now have comments left on a website to the contrary.

"We know that there are people within in the camp who have information about this and I would ask that those people now come forward and tell us what they know."

If anyone does have any information regarding the flare or any other aspects of criminality they are asked to contact 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Police helicopterPolice helicopter

 

Monday 13 January: Mother and son shot in Harpurhey

A mother, 56, and son, 22, were shot in a targeted attack outside a Gala bingo in Harpurhey shopping precinct just after 7pm on Sunday.

The son had been to pick his mother up from the bingo hall when his car was blocked in by a black car. Two men got out and a number of shots were fired at the car, one hitting the son and one the mother in the arm.

The son managed to force his way out of the car park and they later abandoned their car on Woodville Terrace, Moston, before walking in to a hospital.

Detective Superintendent Alex Millet said: "This appears to be a targeted incident which could have had even more dire consequences. Thankfully it doesn't look like either are too seriously injured, but we'll know more tomorrow.

"We believe the black car was driven by two white men and it's from that car that the shots were fired. I want to reassure people that we have had armed response officers to the scene and are now investigating." 

Anyone with information is asked to call us on 0161 856 4505 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.

Sunday 12 January: Tram kills man in city centre

A 48-year-old man from Whitefield has died after being struck by a Metrolink tram outside Debenhams on Market Street, Manchester.

The incident took place at around 6.15pm on Saturday when the man became trapped beneath the tram in front of horrified onlookers.

When emergency services attended the man was pronounced dead at the scene.

The police are expected to release more information on Monday.

Man killed by tram in city centreMan killed by tram in city centre

Saturday 11 January: Body found in canal not suspicious

At around 6am on Friday 10 January police were called to an area near Great Anocoats Street and Store Street following reports that a body had been seen in the canal.

Police attended and found the body of a man, believed to be in his 30s.

Investigating officers now believe that the death was not suspicious and that no-one else was involved.

Like what you see? Enter your email to sign up for our newsletters which are chock-a-block with more great reviews, news, deals and savings.

To post this comment, you need to login.Please complete your login information.
OR CREATE AN ACCOUNT HERE..
Or you can login using Facebook.

Latest Rants

Anonymous

Repeating,without any evidence the same point that socialism = public services is hardly…

 Read more
Anonymous

You absolutely right,I hate all these bloody nimbys stopping development and progress.Of course if…

 Read more
Anonymous

Manchester's size and climate isn't dissimilar to Rotterdam or Dusseldorf but the city is held back…

 Read more
Anonymous

Straying off the point again David, which is that investing in public services is socialist but as…

 Read more

Explore The Site

© Mark Garner t/a Confidential Direct 2017

Privacy | Careers | Website by: Planet Code | SEO by The eWord