Welcome to Manchester Confidential
Reset Password
The Confidential websites will be undergoing routine updates. This may cause the sites to go offline. We apologise in advance for any inconvenience.

You are here: Manchester ConfidentialNews.

Lowry Theatre Sees 2011 Profits Dip

EXCLUSIVE: £20k pay rise for chief exec though

Written by . Published on December 22nd 2011.


Lowry Theatre Sees 2011 Profits Dip

THE company that operates the Lowry Theatre on Salford Quays saw £100,000 shaved of its profits thanks to a dip in ticket sales in the year to March 31, 2011.

The highest paid of those is chief executive Julia Fawcett, who earned £177,000 in 2011 - a £20,000 increase on the previous year.

Newly-released accounts for The Lowry Centre Ltd show a decrease in pre-tax profits to £69,000, down from £169,000 the previous year.

Turnover stood at £15.3m, up slightly on the £14.4m it recorded in 2010, although the directors' report claims a drop in advance ticket sales had affected the theatre during the year.

Overall, the company made a retained loss of £1.2m.

The theatre employs 300 staff and carries a wage bill of £4.7m; the highest paid of those is chief executive Julia Fawcett, who earned £177,000 in 2011 - a £20,000 increase on the previous year.

In terms of performances, the three theatres in The Lowry pulled in 484,610 people across 989 performances of 300 shows, which included its first ever £2m-selling show, White Christmas.

Occupancy at The Lowry stood at 67.1 per cent for the year.

The Lowry Theatre is 12 per cent funded by money from the Arts Council and Salford City Council and the remaining 88 per cent is self-generated.

Like what you see? Enter your email to sign up for our newsletters which are chock-a-block with more great reviews, news, deals and savings.

Franz KafkaDecember 22nd 2011.

Ah yes. You make less money, have less attractive shows and yet you get a £20k wage increase. Good work Ms Fawcett. Now explain how it works to me again?

CBDecember 22nd 2011.

where was the part about less attractive shows? didn't see that....

this is last years financial account so I expect the rise was a result of 09/10 performance.

Not rocket sciene really

To post this comment, you need to login.Please complete your login information.
OR CREATE AN ACCOUNT HERE..
Or you can login using Facebook.

Latest Rants

Anonymous

Repeating,without any evidence the same point that socialism = public services is hardly…

 Read more
Anonymous

You absolutely right,I hate all these bloody nimbys stopping development and progress.Of course if…

 Read more
Anonymous

Manchester's size and climate isn't dissimilar to Rotterdam or Dusseldorf but the city is held back…

 Read more
Anonymous

Straying off the point again David, which is that investing in public services is socialist but as…

 Read more

Explore The Site

© Mark Garner t/a Confidential Direct 2017

Privacy | Careers | Website by: Planet Code | SEO by The eWord